Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact if I have a question?

To speak to a MiniCo customer representative, please call our toll-free number 800-544-6464.
To send a written question, please e-mail us at or write to us at:

MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC
Customer Storage Insurance
10851 N. Black Canyon Highway, Suite 200
Phoenix, AZ 85029

Information you will need to complete the TenantOne Direct application

Make sure you have the following information handy before starting the application process:

  • Full name and address of the self-storage facility.
  • Your storage unit number.
  • Whether or not the self-storage facility is fenced.
  • Whether or not the self-storage facility retains a copy of the key to your rented unit.
  • The amount of coverage you wish to purchase. TenantOne Direct offers coverage limits ranging from $1,000 to 75,000.
In which states is MiniCo licensed?

MiniCo is licensed in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
California license # 0H04984.

Why do I need self-storage contents insurance?

Generally, customers’ stored property is not insured by the self-storage facility. Therefore, it is your responsibility to insure your stored goods. MiniCo covers losses due to events beyond the self-storage facility’s control such as burglary and natural disasters (see below for details).

Do homeowner policies cover my stored goods?

Homeowner policies may not provide adequate coverage protection for items stored away from home, such as property kept in a self-storage unit. For coverage clarification, you should inquire with your insurance agent or company. MiniCo customer storage insurance is specialized, excess, short-term protection for stored items.

For what types of losses will MiniCo provide coverage for my stored goods?

MiniCo provides affordable insurance coverage for losses to property kept in a self-storage unit due to burglary, lightning, windstorm, hail, fire, smoke, earthquake, building collapse, explosion, vandalism, riot, rodent/vermin damage and water damage (some exclusions apply).

Does MiniCo cover losses resulting from flood?

No. MiniCo does not provide coverage for loss or damage caused by, resulting from, contributed to or aggravated by flood, surface water, waves, tidal water or tidal wave, overflow of streams or other bodies of water, or spray from any of the foregoing, all whether driven by wind or not. Flood insurance is available through the U.S. Government and the National Flood Insurance Program.

What types of property are eligible for coverage?

Almost any personal property and some business property a customer stores is eligible for insurance coverage. The following goods are not covered under this policy and are automatically excluded: accounts, deeds, bills, currency, evidence of debt, securities, money, notes, jewelry, watches, precious stones, furs and garments trimmed in fur, and boats or motorized vehicles. Some business inventory is also not covered (call your MiniCo representative for details). Coverage may also be declined on exotic, imported or high-value contents. The policy is not designed to cover these types of items. Stated value insurance policies are available from most local insurance agents for items like antiques and other high-value collectibles.

Can I get coverage for my workshop or office located in the rented self-storage unit?

No. This policy is not designed to provide liability insurance or regular business or hobby protection.

Can I purchase coverage for more than one month at a time?

Yes. To purchase insurance coverage for more than one month at a time, call your MiniCo representative at 800-544-6464.

Can I purchase coverage for more than one unit?

Yes. To purchase insurance coverage for more than one unit, call your MiniCo representative at 800-544-6464.

Can I extend my insurance policy online?

No. To extend your insurance policy, please call your MiniCo representative at 800-544-6464.

How do I purchase MiniCo Customer Storage Insurance?

Go to the “Rates” page of this website and complete the application. You may charge the premium using your MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover.

What is the MiniCo Insurance claims procedure?

If you need to report a claim, please call our MiniCo claims hotline at 800-842-5246. All losses are subject to a $0 deductible. Claim payment is based on replacement cost value of the property.

What if I move out before the policy expires?

You may notify MiniCo in writing that you would like to cancel. MiniCo will refund any unused full calendar months, if applicable.

When does the insurance stop?

This is a pay-as-you-go, monthly renewable policy. Normally, your coverage continues as long as you pay the monthly premium. If you terminate the lease and move out of the rented self-storage unit, coverage stops when you move out.

Do I get a policy?

Once you purchase coverage, you will be mailed a Customer Policy of Insurance. It describes the coverage and conditions of insurance.

How long does it take to get the Customer Policy of Insurance?

Normally, it takes about 10 days from the date of purchase to receive the Customer Policy of Insurance. If you do not receive one within 45 days, please call MiniCo at 800-544-6464.

What happens if I move and do not receive the Customer Policy of Insurance, or it gets lost?

As long as you have completed the enrollment form and paid the premium, you are insured whether or not you have received the Customer Policy of Insurance.